Instagram filled with green smoothies and 6-pack abs but your life is all about the takeout and “Freshman 15”? Does it feel like there isn’t enough time in the day for studying, work, a social life, and staying healthy?
I’ve been there! Four years of university taught me that classes, studying, and general uni life takes up a lot of your time and energy, leaving you feeling like there isn’t enough hours in the day to get it all done. Suddenly you aren’t feeling so hot and it’s been weeks since you’ve done any exercise besides lifting your textbooks. (Good thing they weigh 5kg each!)
It’s time to make your health and fitness a priority again! I’ve done it and so can you!
Here are my Top 5 Tips To Getting Health and Fitness Back In Your Life!
1. Schedule some “ME” time. Book a half hour daily to focus on you! (Set a reminder in your phone to make sure you don’t forget.) Whether you exercise, meditate, meal prep or go for a pedicure, use this time to help create the best version of you!
2. Make small health goals (such as eat more veggies, take a walk daily, etc.) and write them out. Post them in a spot where you’ll see them everyday (bathroom mirror, fridge) to remind yourself what you are working towards!
3. Find exercises/sports/classes that interest you! You are way more likely to stick to a fitness routine if you enjoy what you are doing and want to be there. It can be intermurals, yoga, or simple dancing while doing laundry, find your own fitness groove!
4. Carry a water bottle (filled with water!) with you all day. This makes it easy for you to stay hydrated without reaching for anything high in sugar or calories. Make sure to refill it when it gets empty!
5. Plan your meals and groceries before heading to the store. You are more likely to stick to a healthy meal plan if you go in with a list and aren’t winging it!
What are you tips for keeping health and fitness a priority in your life!
Happy Healthy Life!