I have been at this blog since October 2015 and would like to thank everyone that has read, commented on, liked and supported this project of mine. It means a lot to me to actually know that people read my blog, and that I am not just writing to the emptiness of the interwebs. (Which it can feel like a lot of the times.)
As a sort of thank you, I complied a list of 20 nerd and fitness facts about me. While it is no where near an exhaustive list of everything about me, it is a peak into two very important parts of my life.
So here is my nerdy fitness facts!
1. I wanted to be a personal trainer since I was 12 years old and took a condition class for softball for the first time.
2. Pokemon Silver and Pokemon Pinball were the only Gameboy games I owned growing up. Cyndaquil was my starting Pokemon. Always.
3. Rei from High School of the Dead is my favourite cosplay I have made. Misty is a close second.
4. I was scared/intimidated of the weight section at my gym until I became I personal trainer. This is mainly due to the mass volume of guys using all the benches and squat racks all the time. They traveled in packs it seemed, so better not to disturb the gym jock in his natural environment.
5. Skitty and Delcatty are my favourite looking Pokemon. (Plus Delcatty was one of the strongest trading cards in a deck if you knew how to play her right.)
6. I love Call of Duty Deathmatches because you can die a lot and not really be punished for it. (This is where my Hands and Feet training came in.)
7. Jania Proudmoore is my current favourite hero to play in Heroes of the Storm. She is also the first hero I bought in the game.
8. Star Wars: Pod Racing convinced me I should never get a driver’s licence. (I do actually have a drivers licence, and currently drive in Australia… on what seems to be the wrong side of the road! Still!)
9. Japan is on the top of my list of countries I want to visit in large part for my love of anime.
10. Kettlebell swings are one of my favourite exercises. I only learned about kettlebells exercises in 2015, but I think they are amazing!
11. Pacific Rim was amazing, but only because the Kaiju were that awesome! And if you ignore a few dozen plot holes.
12. Death Note was my reintroduction to anime as an adult. It is still one of my favourite of all times, and I appreciate the dark tone and moral questions it brings up. Here is hoping they don’t mess up the North American adaptation!
13. I didn’t like Batman until The Dark Night. Mainly because I thought all the movies were super cheesy. (I haven’t read the comics at all.)
14. I grew up watching Star Trek: Voyager, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Stargate: SG-1, Xena: Warrior Princess, Hercules, and Andromeda.
15. I love bruises that I get from playing sports and wear them like badges of honour. Especially if I get the laces imprinted in the bruise.
16. Personal Training is the reason I am better at speaking in front of groups. My current position has really helped with this.
17. I have a total girl crush on Lara Croft (from the games. Not the movies. The movies are good for some decent action flicks without Kaiju…)
18. I went to the Olympics in Vancouver with my sister and this is the only time I have ever wore a pedometer for multiple days. Mainly because we got a free pedometers and walked around a ton!
19. Dance is one of my favourite physical activities. I have taken classes in ballet, jazz, contemporary, hip hop, fork dance, and African. Ballet was my favourite to learn because I had an amazing teacher and it is the only time I have ever felt strong in my feet.
20. I have participated in Star Wars marathons, Lord of the Rings marathon, Indiana Jones marathons and a Game of Thrones marathon. I am very thankful that I was only there for part of the GoT marathon (this was back a few seasons ago, so I believe there was only two seasons to watch)
So that is 20 random nerd and fitness facts about me! Just so you know a bit more where I am coming from. I would love to eventually do a Q&A post, so if you have a question, leave it in the comments below!
Happy Training and Gaming!